Getting out a little more...

     Well, I have been out of the house a couple times this week.  I sure walk a lot slower but it is good to be out and about.  We are getting things ready for our last child to head off to college next Monday.  Our house will get a little bigger next week and definitely quieter.  We might just have to have over Jason's friends on the weekends to bring in the craziness.  It sure has been a pleasure to raise our children.  Each one is so unique and so loved by us.  We have on our calendars in bold letters and circled the holidays when they will be home.  


     I am continuing my transition off of the pain medications.  I look forward to being just back on tylenol and motrin to handle everything.  My diet is more normal now as I drink, drink, and drink some more and chew, chew, and chew.  Soon I will be off the antibiotics and taking care of my bag will go through another transition.  


     Even though we haven't been able to keep up with the garden, it has been producing amongst the weeds.  We had a bumper crop of broccoli, zucchini, and summer squash so far.  The spinach has done well along with the lettuce and we dug up some new potatoes for supper last night.  Beans and pickles have given some along with the peas and carrots.  I guess after I type all this out, the garden is doing okay.  A couple of red tomatoes the other day too.


     The sermon is ready for Sunday and also the bulletin.  It should be a little more normal for me each one of these that rolls around.  I can't say enough about the congregation that God has put together.  We can not out give God.  Tithing our general offerings this year has yielded so far almost $10,000.00 given to local and global missions.  The congregation has given above and beyond to meet needs within the body of believers.  Even though I might look back at 2011 as the year of cancer, I will also look back at it as the year we saw God provide.  I am looking forward to the fall.


     God bless your weekend.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...