Some thoughts for the day...

     I was visited by an old friend today.  We both have changed quite a bit.  It was good to hear his familiar laugh and talk about the "old" days.  Similar stories to share over the years of being in the ministry.  As I look back, I see that God has been preparing me all along for the place I am in right now.  Sometimes a minister's position can be a very lonely spot and a place where you feel that your house is made of glass but I have found out that you can add to that feeling or choose to to make it differently.  I don't regret getting close to those in the congregation.  Close enough to really know them and love them still and for them to have the challenge to do the same with me.  


     My first run through of 1 John 1:5-10 today.  Garbage in and garbage out is not so true in the computer world.  There are times the computer gets slower and slower because little bytes of information are left behind that build up.  You take it to the repair shop to have it wiped clean and boy what a difference when you get it back.  A firewall is installed to keep out viruses but they disguise themselves to look good to you and your computer and so the fight is on.  Cleaning up discs and defragmentation is needed to keep things in order on the computer.  Sometimes you have to go back to a restore point, before the problem to settle the matter.


     Enough computer, sometimes in our lives we need to wipe the slate clean.  We have sinned but maybe we have just covered it up or not truly confess and ask forgiveness for it so a little bit remains and that adds to other times.  We have let something in that looks good but after a while we realize it is a virus in our lives.  We have not taken the time to re-prioritize our lives when something in our life has "sudden" become our god.  We need to go back to restore, back to 1 John 1:9 to make things right.


     I need to "confess" - in the Greek where we get the word of "harmony".  Confess means to "same said".  To confess means that I am saying the same thing said by God.  If God says it is wrong, then I say the same thing to Him.  


First thoughts on the matter - Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...