With God's help, I did it...

     I was able to preach this Sunday, yeah!!!  I was definitely tired when I got done but I was thankful to continue to preach and teach the word of God to this congregation, our family.  It was an intro to the book of 1 John.  A look at the author that yielded someone much different from the Scripture writings than the picture we have depicted of him in the Last Supper painting.  John is so black and white in this book that I pray that we have some black and white revelations in our lives.  


     God is my healer.  I know that I am taking pain medications for what I am going through but my prayers to the Lord, I am convinced is what allows me the rest I need in the face of the pain.  Every time I wake, I thank Him for the rest He has given me.  My main prayer physically is for the incision on my bottom to heal properly and the infection to go away.  


     We are preparing for the departure of our children to college.  In a couple of weeks, Stephanie and I will be on our own after 24 years.  It is a little scary but we both are so thankful for each other and also for the opportunities that God has laid out for our children.  I think the holidays are going to be more special than they have ever been this year.


     Monday marks 3 weeks from the surgery date and 3 weeks from sitting down properly.  I was so thankful to be able to thank our congregation for giving me the time to heal and continuing to give me that time.  I sure have some great brothers and sisters in Christ.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...