Happy Birthday to me...

     This is definitely a different birthday than I have ever had.  I really need to keep my mind going because there is not much I can do with my body right now.  Boredom sets in and so I look for things to read and research on the internet.  Physically, I feel that I am doing better.  It is hard to imagine a day that I am not wear adult diapers and watching a sheet that has my pill regiment on it.  The home nurse says that all is looking well and to keep up the good work.  I truly feel like my life has stopped and I fight that it means it also has no meaning right now.  Lord help me to see how You can use me in the state that I am.


     I learned today that the Gospel of John was written for unbelievers to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and the Epistles of John were written to the believers to have a deeper confidence in their walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.  1 John has 3 goals.


1.  1.4 - that our joy may be made complete - that we might have joy
2.  2.1 - that we may not sin - that we might live lives of holiness
3.  5.13 - that we may know we have eternal life - that we might have assurance


John is really battling the doctrine of Gnosticism.  36 times he says "we know", not "we think, or feel, or deduct."  Those in the church who were trying to down play the facts of Jesus, His life, death, and resurrection, needed to be confronted with an old man who had heard, had seen, had looked upon, and had touched the Christ.  This book answers the question, "How do I know that I am a true follower of Christ?"  John gives us some concrete, black and white answers to that.


      God bless your evening and may tomorrow be another great day of healing.


Adam    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...