The nest is empty...

     Well, the last one is off to college and we didn't shed any tears on site but when we got home it hit us.  God sure has given us some great years of having children and raising them.  Each one brings us such joy and we so look forward to the returning home times.  I am so thankful that Stephanie and I have a relationship that is beyond the kids.  It may be a sad day but we share that together.  This is definitely a new chapter for us as a couple and we are looking forward to it.


     Sunday went great.  Our numbers have been down because of the summer months but the services have been good.  People told me that I was moving around quite a bit while I was preaching like I never had the surgery but I definitely could tell you that I did.  I am thankful for the passion that God gives me over His word to share with His people.  


     We are covering 1 John 2:15-27 this week.  On the initial run through, John tells us not to love the world or the things of the world and I think he sets this up so that we ask the question, "then what are we to love?"  In v. 20 is the phrase "you have been anointed by the Holy One,"  and in v. 27 are the phrases "But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you," and "But as His anointing teaches you about everything,".  I am going to label this as the 4th test of a "real" Christian.  Have you been anointed by Jesus?  What Jesus gave to His disciples and to His followers is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter.  In v. 22-24 John recaps the first 3 tests and adds that what keeps us on track is this anointing.  


     Another trip to Grand Rapids on this Friday for a follow up with the surgeon.  I am praying that all is going well on the infection front.  


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...