Sermon prep and maybe a video...

     James 4 has brought up some interesting study.  First, "the quarrels and fights among you."  Those are usually worse than you think even though we try to minimize them.  The source is simpler than you think because it is coming from within you.  The solution is easier than you think because the solution that James gives is that we need to humble ourselves before the Lord.  Any sincere resolution is specific and brief.  Beware of lengthy resolutions that usually include explaining it away or excusing some of the behavior.


     As I have seen before, the words are a sign of the heart.  I read this week that if we have a critical heart we usually start by speaking evil of another to ourselves.  Then we progress to speaking evil of another to that person with a running tally in our heads of all their wrongs.  Finally, we speak evil of another to others and broadcast in a way that we are thinking that we are helping.  Giving judgment is always easier than giving mercy.  I am reminded to that the law that James is talking about here is the law of love.  Do I stop and ask myself, am I speaking the truth in God's way of love?


     So I will try something this morning with video but if it does not come out or you have a slow internet speed, the big "c" has come into my life.  I have been diagnosed with rectal cancer and am waiting more appointments and probably more tests to tell what stage it is.  I have received many emails of love and support and to all I say thank you.  I thought I would try this because I had seen it done with a pastor named Matt Chandler of a church named "The Villages."  He had a brain tumor removed and he charted his progress for his family and friends and congregation to view on a weekly basis.  I do want my kids to know and see that Dad is plugging through this.


Adam

Comments

  1. Video worked great and was appreciated.
    I think this is a great vehicle for updates. Thinking of you
    and your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki...I will probably put another up tomorrow after the visit with the onocologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, Thank you so much for posting a video. So nice to see your face and hear your voice!! We are so sorry to hear this sad news. We love you very much and will continue to hold you (and all of your family) up in prayer! Our God is an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marsha...I will try to smile a little more on the next one. It is so good to hear from you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, I think this will be a good way for you to keep everyone informed. Remember you and Steph and the kids are not walking through this alone. You have many people praying with and for you. Most importantly know GOD IS GREAT and he will bring you through this and HE will be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADAM,
    I've been thinking about home alot lately and the church and how much i miss it! when i heard about the news at first i was worried but then i thought about you and all the time we've spent together and i just felt like everything is okay already! Your a strong "dude" :) thru the Lord and nothing can defeat the greatest team that we all a part of! :)
    see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jay and James...I think keeping this public will help me to not take it on alone. The support has been overwhelming in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about this news.
    You are in our prayers. Our new church home is also praying for you as is the home school co-op.
    Kelley Tippery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pastor Adam. Found out about your condition at church a couple of days ago. We are conducting a week of prayer and fasting this week and have included you on our list of people to lift up. Praying for a healing and peace on you and your family.
    Brian Jergenson - Mount Hope Church

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Brian and Kelley...It has been great and humbling to have so many people praying. Thanks for putting me on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both you and Stephanie are continually in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to give you strength and peace.
    Kelley Tippery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that you don't mind, I posted your video on Face Book, so that my friends can pray for you.
    Kelley Tippery

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kelley...no problem posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adam :( so sorry to hear this news, I know that God has a plan and that he continues to work in your life, but that doesn't mean that I can't be sad. We miss you guys so much! You are in our prayers. Love to you and your family.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Diana...it is so good to hear from you. We are trusting in the Lord and I am so thankful for just a night of sleep. Many things lie ahead but God will be in the center of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."