So James...

     So James says to put trials, those things that we all go through, in the joy category of your life.  What is God going to show me or teach me through this?  I get to see God is action and He will become even bigger in my life.  I have the opportunity to be Christ-like through a situation that is tough and it will give glory to God and I will be blessed by Him with a crown of life.

     Then James switches gears and says to put temptations, those things that are evil and can lead us to sin, in the "don't point the finger at anyone but yourself" category of your life.  Wow, what a difference he makes between trials and temptations.  God will lead us through really tough times but God will not lead us into sin.  That is un-God like.  If we go the sin route, we are doing that all on our own.

     So I could be going through a trial and decide to solve it in an un-godly way, it could lead to a temptation to sin to solve it.  But I can't make a temptation, something of my own doing, into a trial unless I run to God, take care of the temptation and have God lead me through the trial.  

     v.26 of chapter 1 is very telling, "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless."  What is coming out of me?  Do I have control of it?  I will need to control my heart if I am going to control that.  I guess this is why I need God to transform me into His likeness rather than my own.  Lord help me.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...