Saturday's musings...

     Well, my Sunday morning prep is almost done.  I have had the chance to have the church building to myself to do a run through and am looking forward to the gathering of the saints.  There is an anticipation that I have always had for Sundays and I have always wanted others to have that.  I finally feel that it is happening in the church I am apart of.  Sunday is becoming more a stable part of of our spiritual growth.  I hear it more in our conversations and see people making decisions based on that congregational times together.  So I feel there are more of us getting ready for our time with God together.


     I have been trying to slow down the days.  It seems like 2010 just flew by.  Is there anyway I can make 2011 seem a little longer or myself recognize more the events in a lasting way.  Maybe I could not look out so far so that my focus is on what is happening today.  I don't know if this will work but I'm going to give it a try.


     Sanctity of Life Sunday tomorrow and I received my first issue of World Magazine from my daughter for a Christmas present.  It sure opens your eyes as 53 million lives are not here since 1973.  What happens when you take that many lives away?  How our God must weep over this?


Adam

Comments

  1. Just discovered your blog, welcome to blogland. It looks like you just started this one last year. To make the year "last", I find I have to focus on this moment. I am very goal and future oriented but I can't live anywhere but now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki...I like the statement "I can't live anywhere but now."

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was twenty and younger I thought I would never grow up &that life went by way too slow it felt as if it were moving backwards. In six months I will turn thirty & I am not exactly sure where the last ten years of my life went? I think getting caught up in routine effects how fast life seems to go by so maybe breaking things up a bit. My own life is VERY routine so I am thinking of trying some new things this year. I look forward to reading your future blogs, please let me know if you figure out how to make time go by a little slower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becky...I know one way for me is to start thinking about things more. I find I can just do things without actively thinking about it. Is there more to what I am doing than just the act itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...