At home in bed today.

     I hope I don't have "it".  I don't think anyone wants "it".  So I type from bed but really want to be rid of "it" so I can get on with life.  Maybe it is more prayer time and just "stop" time that I need but I sure wish my body would feel better too.  It sure is an amazing machine and I am more amazed at home it seems to repair itself when needed.


     So here is the bones of my message on Sunday since I am stuck here.
1.  Every trial is a revelation of truth - it reveals where you are at.
2.  How far do you want to go with God - curious or serious?
3.  Pruning is a process needed for productive growth.
4.  Minister where there is no gain - the mirror shows your motives.


     I think I will be going through the whole first chapter of James.  And I think I have decided to go through Galatians with the Sunday night group.  


     The pruning section reminded me of Mr. Lazarer from way back.  In 7th grade I got a job on a hobby farm that had 5000 chickens and 500 fruit trees.  In the winter we would prune those trees and Mr. Lazarer was the master who now directed me from the ground of what to prune.  I'm used that skill many times since then but one truth that really applies to life is that you have to prune off way more than you think is necessary.  


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...