Feeling small in a good way...

     So my life is upside down right now but I am overwhelmed by the love and support of others.  I have been on the other side of this equation most of my life.  The blog has had over 550 hits and some from Canada and the United Kingdom. Stephanie and I are humbled to be in your prayers.


     This is the weekend before the "big" game.  A weekend without football for 6 hours on a Sunday.  I know I will spend part of that time with a group of good friends pouring over Galatians 4.  Paul says some interesting words in verses 13 and 14:
"You know it was because of a bodily ailment
that I preached the gospel to you at first,
and though my condition was a trial to you,
you did not scorn or despise me,
but received me as an angel of God,
as Christ Jesus."

     So Paul had some type of ailment that put him in a place to get some relief and while there he continued to preach the gospel.  His condition must have had some outward offense but the message that he spoke was heard more than the sight of him.  I think that should be a good example for me at this time.  I might be put in different places because of this but it is also an opportunity to continue the gospel message even in the midst of it.  Maybe, probably, it will be heard more clearly than from someone who has it all together.

Adam

Comments

  1. Hi Pastor Adam,
    Just wanted to let you know that our church lifted you up in prayer today for healing.

    Kelley Tippery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelley...We had a great time with the Lord this morning at GFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,
    Hope this comes through, have been playing with it awhile to figure what was up

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did Jack...I am glad that you figured it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...