Monday run through James...

     As I am physically slowing down, probably out of necessity to what is coming ahead, God is also slowing me down through the Scripture.  I could see today that we will be in James 5 for a few more weeks.  The next section deals with being patient and also the coming of the Lord.  I think the most interesting thing I read today was this quote, "...next on calendar of God is the second coming of Christ."  James gives 3 temptations in this section and also 3 illustrations to follow.  It will be great to talk on Sunday about the second coming of Christ.  I found out today that the New Testament speaks of the Lord coming over 300 times.


     Another great friend called me today to share with me Isaiah 43.  
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.


     What was so great is this great friend from the past was speaking from experience.  She had walked through the water and through the rivers and through the fire and she is still walking and praising God.  She was such a great example of perseverance in faith to a young pastor out of college.  To me, she was a modern day Job.  She seemed to have lost it all over and over again but she never lost her grasp on God.  She gently told me to hold onto the only thing that I really can hold onto and that is Him.  Thank you Margaret and sometimes I wish I could go back to walking into the restaurant in Roscommon for a cup of coffee just to watch you serve those people way beyond just getting their orders.


     No news today.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...