Some Wednesdays will be my freedom day...

     And today will be one of those days.  After wearing the fanny pack of chemo for 46 hours I get to be free of it until Monday the 28th.  I have been told that these days will seem like they fly by.  Hard words to hear but I have gotten a lot of good information from those who have gone before me.  The only side effect I have had so far is that I am really sore in my joints, especially my elbows and in the neck area.  We had our monthly elder/deacon meeting at the church and I could not be more thankful for each person around the table.


  I follow different pastor's blogs on a regular basis and so when I went through my list last night I came upon a couple videos that were hard to watch but I did.  Here are the links. You might have to type them into a new window.  I warn you ahead of time to get the tissues.


http://vimeo.com/9796056 - zach's story
http://vimeo.com/19644172 - his wife a year later

   I came away from this not thinking about a possible outcome but about living life well for God right now.  God is still good and God is still great and I love Him so.  My heart is tender Lord, speak to me.  Our devotional had these words today, "Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells.  Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances."


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...