Wow!!! I think I titled another post with this but I have to again...

     Sometimes that is all I can say after a Sunday morning with our congregation in worship.  The Coming of the Lord was the theme this morning and I am so thankful for those who stood to wake up again with our lives and words to show that we believe He is coming again and for those who stood to be ready for the first time!!!  The sermon shaped up to be 3 temptations to avoid (impatience, faintheartedness, and grumbling), 3 examples to follow (the farmer, the prophets, and Job), and 2 over arching truths about God (He is coming again and He is compassionate and merciful).  I don't have it all figured out before I get up there, a lot of it but not all, so I am amazed when I see something or put something together on the spot and get to share it right at that moment.  This morning it was the examples of going from the nice one of the farmer to the tough one of the prophet to the reward of being blessed in the one of Job.  God is great and good.


     Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my life.  I will set up my office in the infusion center for about 5 hours every other Monday.  I will have my bag of goodies with me to keep me connected to the world.  I will also be introduced to another group of people that I probably wouldn't know unless through this process.  Lord help me to hear Your voice and use Your words to bring You glory no matter where I am.


     "Savior, He can move the mountains.  My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save." As we sang these words this morning I saw the beauty of the song.  The mountain was not the cancer (in my case) but my sin.  The thankfulness that I can have in the midst of cancer is that my sins are forgiven because of the sacrifice and love of Jesus.  I know that He has power over both and could say to the cancer "be gone" just like He told the paralyzed man to rise up and walk but I am so thankful the sin price has been paid for me.


I hope all have a great week and I hope to give you a video blog from the infusion center tomorrow.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...