Back home again...

     What a night.  I ended up in ER because of bowel blockage.  I was following the regiment for movement but it wasn't enough.  So after being cleaned out again I am back to my regiment with a couple more additions.  They feel the anti-nausea medicine I received during chemo may have been the culprit.  I didn't get sick so I guess it worked but the side-effects was the most pain I have ever been through.  I am so thankful to be home and having the fires going and watching the snow lightly fall outside.


     I thought I would post an email I got from the person who made it possible for Stephanie and I to get our first church.  I have received so many of these that mean so much to me.  


     Dear Adam,

We just recently learned of your serious illness.  You and Stephanie are
very special to us.  We wanted you to know that you are mentioned in our
family prayer time each morning.  You have worked so diligently and hard
no matter what your conference assignment has been.  Your work at the
various churches during our Superintendency was always greatly
appreciated.  I never had any problems wherever you served and the
churches always respected your leadership.

It is a wonderful accomplishment to have begun the church at Gaylord.  We
can't believe that God is through with you yet!  We serve a wonderful
miracle working God and His word is filled with encouraging promises.
Remember us to Stephanie.  We plan to have dinner with her parents on
Sunday.  We have some wonderful memories of our association with her
parents during our pastorate at Lansing Central, and your parents, Adam,
at the Alpena Camp.

Be assured of our prayers for your complete healing.  Just wanted you to
know you have not been forgotten.

In Christ,

Dale & Betty

     I hope all of you have a great Saturday.  I know I will because of the Lord and my lovely wife and my kids and my extended family and my church family.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...