PET Scan today and James 5 coming together...

     Well, James 5 is going to be more than a one sermon chapter.  I think we will be only handling the first 6 verses this Sunday.  It is very challenging to live in our world but under God's standards of money and how we get it and what we do with it.  It is probably so hard because if you live with God's standards and emphasis on what we have or don't have, we stick out like a sore thumb.  We look so different than a majority of the church world but so much more like God wants us to be.  God must have known we would need to have a lot of verses that deal with materialism and money.


     I had the PET scan today and I wish I could say I had some information about it but I don't.  This test is suppose to tell if there is cancer anywhere else in the body.  It is important the to determination of treatment and surgery or surgery and treatment.  So I will keep all posted once I get some information.  I hope to do another video with Stephanie.  I am a little depressed today but I think it is because I have to spend this much time on me and not doing what I usually do.  I think I could have interacted more with those in the waiting room today who were doing what I was doing.  I need to make sure I do that next time.


     One bright spot of the day was the gift of some ECO bricks to try in our wood stove.  After finding a $25 cast iron parlor stove on Craigslist, I also found this new brick of compressed hardwood sawdust that works the same as pellets but larger.  The owner gave me 16 bricks to try.  They are to burn cleaner and longer plus no bringing bugs and debris into the house.  


     Thanks to all the pastors who took time to pray with me this morning.  It was a special time.  So until next time...


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...