Sunday evaluation...and kefir...

     God has given me another great Sunday.  It has been the practice of our church to serve Communion the first Sunday of each month.  That practice of obeying Jesus' command has become so precious to me.  The opening sermon to James 5 gave us some challenging words to swallow and digest.  I think it hit me and the congregation how much God does not like and calls it sin when we say we are going to pay but then balk.  Am I content with what God has given me?  That is a question I want to ponder throughout the week.


     "Kefir is a cultured, enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your “inner ecosystem.” More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt, it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins."  I like how it says "friendly" because kefir needs a lot of pleasant words to get it down.  Thanks Jen, and I really mean thanks, for the addition to my nutritional regiment.


     Stephanie and I were able to participate in an discussion exercise today with another couple that when we were done, I walked away with such a sense that we had done the right thing and that others should do the same.  Sometimes we don't take the time to talk about the things that are so important to our families and create a plan to follow to see it through.  I am so thankful for the team attitude around the table.  Maybe this will be something to share with others who might be going through the same thing.  


     My week will be waiting for a call on the PET scan results, a trip to T.C. to be there for a couple of people having surgeries, a trip to G.R. for an ultrasound (along with the prep for this and thanking God already that it is nothing like prepping for the colonoscopy, and then all the other stuff.  But now onto the game...


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...