Day 1 Chemo video...

     Well today was day 1 but it was also reality day.  I went through the paces of what I will have to do about 12 times over the next 8 months with radiation thrown in and a surgery.  I just needed to stop my mind from running and think about all the things and people I am thankful for.  I have received such great cards and emails that bring tears but they are good ones.


     For those with dial up, I go every other Monday for the next two months to an infusion center in Gaylord.  I am hooked up to the chemo and the process takes about 5 hours.  Once done, I then am hooked up to another bag of chemo in a fanny pack with a pump that I carry for the next 46 hours.  On Wednesday, about noon, I get that removed and then I am free until the Monday two weeks from the previous one.  Side effects that are most common are nausea and so I am given medicine to help control this, cold sensitivity so I need to not breathe in cold air or touch anything cold for 3 or 4 days after the chemo is done, and of course fatigue.  


     Right now I just feel a little scattered brain at the things I need to remember so I am looking forward to some sleep tonight.  Our devotional started off with this line, "Give yourself fully to the adventure of today."  And it ended with this line, "Nothing can separate you from My Presence!"  I needed both of those today.




Adam

Comments

  1. Thanks Brenda...Tell Kevin I said hi and wish I could be out on the farm with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and Steph, We love you sooooo much! You have changed our lives in so many ways. Thank you for supporting us in our time of need. If you need anything...don't hesitate to ask!!! Love, Spencer, Rhonda, & Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Spencer & Rhonda...we do feel the love of the congregation and are thankful that God has put His people together to give comfort in times like these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...