Some praise and a video...

     Here is a video update of our oncologist visit.  For those reading, it went well with my blood numbers climbing as they should.  We were able to discuss some of the side effects and be better prepared for the upcoming chemo 2 on Monday morning.  




     Back to James 5.  I think this will be a case of what I wished the Bible said but I need to look at what it really says.  I think most of my time will be talking about the two ways one word has been translated in two different parts of the Bible.  I am so thankful for the tools we have now at our fingertips to look deeper at the words and get a clearer picture of the teaching.  I am walking away from this passage looking at how important it is for us to hold each other up in the faith.  I have said this before but now it is more real, "I am so thankful that God has healed me of my sin.  Sin is a much bigger deal than cancer."


     I also think that this passage is going to be a textbook example of how important it is to look at the context of the passage.  So many times we grab a verse and use it and it sounds really good but in the context we see that it has been used improperly.  This is a powerful passage that has been used one way so long but needs to be emphasized in its context to address another very important need within the body of Christ.


Adam

Comments

  1. Thanks again for the updates, Adam. It is easy to see how God has already lifted you up and has strengthened you for the journey ahead. Our hearts are breaking over what you must face, but we know that God is caring for you through his servants. Wishing there was more that we could do from a distance, but we send our blessings to you and Stephanie as always.

    Jan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan...It means so much to us the love that has been shared from near and far. God is still good and God is still great and in the midst of all of this God is still in control.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...