Sunday morning thoughts...

Today's verses are Jesus' words in Matthew 7:7, 8, which reads,

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

 It is hard to type those words without singing the song I learned in a kind of kids klub group a while back.  All the words are very simple in the original language and mean what they mean in English.  There is that element of desire that is added in to the words.  What I am asking I am desiring enough that I will take the next step to seek it and then the next step to knock on some doors to find it.  So it is a progression of your prayer that leads to some action on your part.

I would like to direct it to what are you asking and seeking and knocking on for your church?  What are you desiring for this church that you are asking God for it?  I want to thank you for those prayers for this church but now the question is this, "What ever you are asking the Lord to do for this church are you willing to take the next step to seek it out and be willing to knock (put some action to your prayer) on some doors to see God's answer?"

Example:  I am asking God to make us a church that will impact this community with the gospel of Jesus Christ so that we see His building filled on Sundays with worshipers of Him.  Great prayer!  The next step would be to become a part of the process.  How will that happen?  God chooses to use us so then my prayer should become, "Lord, show me my part in this effort that I desire for the church."  This kind of prayer that Jesus is talking about is very active on our part and He is saying the outcome is great.

God bless your morning and if you are able, we would love to see you in church with us worshiping our great God.  Make those prayers active prayers!!!

Pastor Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...