Psalm 73:21-24 which reads...

Today's verses are Psalm 73:21-24 which read,

21 - When my heart was embittered and I was pierced within, 
22 - then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.
 23 - Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. 
24 - With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory.
  
Have you ever had a bitter heart?  Something has happened that starts to pierce you to the core.  "Senseless and ignorant" means to burn within and to be stupid.  So now it burns within you and you start saying and doing things that would be stupid in the sight of God.  When you compare yourself and your actions to God, you look like an animal before Him.  You have turned into someone you are not because of what happened.  "This is not me," is your cry.


You will stay there until you allow God to take you by the hand.  God didn't leave the situation but you decided to solve the situation your way.  You took your hand out of God's so that you could use both to "duke it out" physically or figuratively with the hurt or embitterment.
 
But... in the hand of God you will find counsel like none other.  It is counsel that when followed will guide which also means "to lead" you to receive which also means "to take" you to glory which also means "of honor and abundance."  When I keep my hand in the hand of God He will lead me through it and the destination He will take me to will be a place of honor and abundance.
 
I think we know that already.  It is best to do it God's way, but how many times have you taken your hand out of His hand?  Just a reminder today that we live in a fallen world where we will experience wounds that will want to bitter you forever.  They will take you down a path that leads to more pain.  But...God is right there with an outstretched hand to lead you into a different way.

"Put your hand in the hand of the Man who stilled the waters..."
Pastor Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...