So, the worse time with chemo but today is Wednesday...freedom...

     Wow, this is surely different than the last round.  I am struggling to keep focused on what I need to do.  I am thankful for a friend switching with me tonight of  my teaching responsibility of the teens.  I get rid of the fanny pack and pump today for quite a while.  This type of chemo I will not be on again until after the surgery.  I have received my chemo pills that I will take with my radiation treatments.  Many of the same side effects except for the cold sensitivity.  Something I am thankful for, I found a position to sleep that doesn't get in the way of the tubes and the port.   So lets talk about something else.


     Somehow, between the waves of nausea, I got a lot of my sermon done yesterday.  1 Peter 2:9-12 is the text and the question is "Who are you?"  I know you older ones probably have "The Who" song going through your head now.  Sorry about that.  The better question would be, "Who does God say we are?"  I was able to find a video that will work well with this sermon.  Most of my notes seem to be on the point, "a chosen race."  This could be another Sunday that is "the day" for some coming to Christ.  With the sermon ahead of schedule, it will give me more time to think and pray about it.


     I still try to plan out my life even though it is so up in the air.  I guess I like to dream about what I might get to do and when.  A lot of it is tied to the family.  Nothing like cancer to make you wait on the Lord for the answer all the more.  God is good and God is great and God is in control and God provides.


Adam

Comments

  1. So sorry your week had such side effects and hopefully the sleep will help you to recouperate! I think sometimes I try to over think and over plan things. Really, I do!! Having something to look forward to and dream about is a good thing but there is a time to just heal. Hope your day is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki...maybe the kids were more medicine that I thought. This stuff sure slows you down and even my mind. Now unto phase 2 of my treatment plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...