Chemo 2 is done, 10 to go of this kind, but feeling the effects...

     Well I am free of the pump and fanny pack for another 11 days.  I am fairing better on the digestive end so far but the cold sensitivity has heightened.  I had my right hand cramp up yesterday for a time.  It is hard to sleep with the pump so I have been sleeping during the day for about 2 to 3 hours.  I expect this will continue to be the pattern throughout this week.  I am back on the Tylenol for the aches in the joints.  Otherwise, I am okay.


     Back to James.  Looking at these two verses has brought out not only getting off on our thinking and believing but also on our living.  The logical thing to do is to look at what is right very closely so we can see where we may have gone wrong.  I think I will be heavily leaning on 1 Corinthians 5:1-5 for the clear definition of the gospel that we hold to.


"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received:  that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve."


     I have 6 points of the gospel here and I hope to also have 6 distortions or denials of it that many buy into.  Those distortions lead to lifestyles that dishonor God.  Again, these are people within the church or associated with it and James says to go after them so they don't go any farther down the path.


     The goal this Sunday will be to explain what we actually believe as defined by the Scriptures.  No biggie, right...


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...