Monday morning, chemo 4, and another great Sunday...

     Let's start with Sunday morning.  A simple message that we slowed down enough to look at that made us take seriously what the verses said.  I am finding myself talking again and again about this transformation that we need to allow to happen by getting closer and closer to God.  When we take time to pray and take time to read His word and take time to participate in corporate worship, we are setting ourselves up for God to keep doing that transforming work in us.  It struck me yesterday as we were talking about Jesus the Cornerstone that He is chosen and precious, words of affirmation and affection from God about His Son.  One last observation from yesterday was watching one of our worship singers in a dilemma about how can I raise both hands to God and still hold onto the microphone?  You could see on her face the question, "What is more important right now, this microphone or my God?  That was a great thing to see.


     I feel like I bounced back quicker and had more energy with round 3.  I am praying the same will happen with round 4.  I tried to back the mouthwash down to once a day but I started to develop mouth sores again that went away when I went back to twice a day.  It has turned cold again here, below 0 each morning for the last 4 days, so I have had to watch the cold sensitivity in my hands for the first week.  I can't taste food the first day but I am in the habit of what I eat and how much that I just eat even though I can't taste it or don't want to.  BP 119/67 and I am thankful that I have stayed healthy so far.  I lost 1 pound over the last 2 weeks, that is better than the 5 before so I have stabilized in that area.  My platelet count is good so a full dose I will get today.  Chemo pill and radiation will most likely start on April 11th.  The surgery is still looking at end of May or early June with recovery time and then 4 more months of chemo.  Even if the tumor is completely gone, the chance of return of rectal cancer is so high that they proceed with the surgery and chemo even if the surgeon goes in and everything looks perfect.  That is kind of hard to take but the original thought of getting this out of me is still intact and I will continue to make this body a bad place for cancer to live.  It still looks like October or early November before all is said and done.  Steph and I are hoping to spend Thanksgiving in Texas with all our kids.


     So now unto looking at 1 Peter 2:9 and following for this Sunday.  


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...