One rough night...

     So last night was one to remember or forget.  I tossed all night with joints aching and also an upset stomach.  I was so looking to having a good night's sleep without the pump and then I experienced probably what will be the norm on chemo week.  So after I get up to head to the recliner and find some relief, Stephanie brings me the devotional which read,


"Make friends with the problems in your life...The very same problem can become a stumbling block over which you fall, if you react with distrust and defiance...You can even give persistent problems nicknames, helping you to approach them with familiarity rather than with dread...I will not necessarily remove your problems, but My wisdom is sufficient to bring good out of every one of them."


     So I thought I would try to "nickname" my days of chemo week.


Sunday - "get ur done" day - the day I feel most like me


Monday - "tether" day - taking my rolling friend to the bathroom way more times than I want to


Tuesday - "don't touch that" day - reminded that I live in northern Michigan and it is winter 3/4 of the year


Wednesday - "freedom" day - the fanny pack is removed and the needle is pulled out of me


Thursday - "not today" day - whatever was planned is highly likely to be cancelled


Friday - ???????


     So I will have to add to the post as I go through this.  It is quite a mind game not to look ahead too much.  Each day is enough for me to concentrate on.


     I need to write something about my wife but it will be hard to put in words.  I have never felt alone.  I know that God is always there but Stephanie sure has been an earthly physical picture of Him to me.  I know that we have both been there for each other and I know God is sufficient but oh how I thank Him for Stephanie.


Adam

Comments

  1. Awesome picture of you both! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha...the picture really came out great and we love you guys too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...