So God sends His own medicine...

     I go to pick up my son from the train station (spring break) and my oldest, our daughter walks around the corner and surprises us with a visit home for the week.  Not only that, our second child calls the next day to tell us he is coming home with his wife on Wednesday.  Man do I wish this was not chemo week but I will not complain.  God has given me a gift this week that I will cherish no matter what physical state I am in.  


     I always amazing at God's transforming power.  I witnessed a man take a step today that was nothing short of a miracle from where he was.  What made the difference?  A godly friend who would not let him go, a church that welcomes and embraces those who enter the front door, and the work of God through worship and the word.  God is continuing to make things new.


     It was good to take a long look at Peter's life today to get us ready to look at 1 Peter.  I think I take away from the sermon the points of suffering and standing strong for Christ, and savoring His example.  I will be challenged to apply this to our lives today in America when the people who were reading this for the first time were literally and physically giving their lives for Christ.  That is a far cry from worrying about someone not liking me because I am a Christian to losing your life because I am a Christian.  I am sure God will supply the illustrations and examples that will help us have a firmer stand for Him.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...