A better day, some unexpected snow, and prep for Sunday...

     I hesitate to want to call this a typical chemo week.  I know that each one will be different as I go through the process.  I am thankful that even though I am tired, I am rebounding from the treatment.  I have been able to get more sleep through the night and also keep food down.  


     The snow was unexpected but gave me a chance to bundle up and do something different.  You think about how you do things when you have restrictions on you.  Covering every known part of the body to ward off the cold sensitivity, it is possible to blow snow and feel good about a job accomplished.


     Saturday means Sunday is coming and I am excited about how the sermon has come together this week.  What is the gospel?  What are the bare bones that we need to hold onto and also proclaim?  Going through, especially 1 Corinthians 15:1-5, I am amazed at how moved I get by describing what would be ground zero of the Christian faith.  So I will look at the gospel as something planned, an actual event, an accomplishment, an offer, an application, and a future with God.  I pray we grasp more fully the big picture of what the gospel is so that our lives show it and give more glory to God.


     One last observation is that I am acting more quickly to situations when I sense the Spirit leading.  Opportunities to speak something are not pushed to the back burner but rather introduced at the moment for some possible further discussion.  Will I trust God in the moment with the words He wants me to say?


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...