Approaching 3000 hits...

     The blog continues to grow and its been something more to me than I thought it would be.  I have used up 2 long rows of wood out of the pole barn this year with 2 more left.  The thankful part is that I have been able to keep up with this because I enjoy it.  Also I can say that I feel better this time around than the first two at this time in the cycle.  I think if you looked at me know, you would never know that anything is going on and I can almost forget that I have cancer but then Mondays come and I get that reminder call to come in for another lab draw and chemo treatment.


     Onto the sermon for this Sunday, all is done except for the printing of the bulletins and outlines.  I was so struck today by the Scripture being so black and white more times than not.  The word "all" in this passage of 1 Peter means "each, every, any, the whole, everyone, everything."  And yet we try to find the loophole to the command that God puts with it.  "So put away all..." and the list goes on and it is so black and white but we think that we can keep a little of the black and still stay all white.  What am I going to allow to remain that God has told me to get rid of?  This shouldn't even be a question for the Christian.  Actually if we would follow the second part of the equation of what to put on and longed for it as said, then we would steer clear and make very short accounts of those things that not only trip us up spiritually but end up becoming more than need to be.  How quick am I to yield to God's instruction and command?


     I am looking forward to another Lord's Day and the opportunity to worship the Lord in the midst of the body of Christ.  I am praying for God's presence through fellowship, song, and the Word to be evident to set the atmosphere for the Holy Spirit to touch our hearts.  I long for others to know of the love of Christ.


Adam


     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...