Feeling it today but family (picture) is here...

     God sent us a different kind of medicine this week.  We are so blessed with our children.  The chemo hits me in waves on Thursdays.  I have a spurt of energy and then it is gone and even typing is a big chore.  I pray that God will do what He has done the last 2 times and get me ready for Sunday.  I have been also thankful for the warmer weather.  The other day I was able to do some things outside without covering up my hands.  Here is a picture of the family home to see Mom and Dad.  Phil is missing, back home working so Anna could be here, and we really do miss him.



     My study time hasn't been what it usually is but God has given me some words from 1 Peter 1 for Sunday.  God also gives me illustrations and examples that help me see the scripture fleshed out.  One of the points for Sunday is not going back.  I have talked many times about the half-way point in anything you do.  I think many Christians get to that half-way point and stall out or go back because the next step will be tough or take a little more effort or mean a change that will start to define them in a new light.  Am I really serious about this relationship with God?  That is what is in the balance.

     Yesterday God gave us a gift just when we needed it.  We didn't ask for it but God knew that we needed it.  Just at the point when we were going to put our head in our hands, we opened an envelope that gave us just what we needed between checks to feed those extra mouths in our home with a few special things.  God is still good and God is still great and God is still in control.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...