Snow Day!!!...and an update video...

     We have received at least 12 inches of snow and it is still falling at a pretty good pace.  I have been on the tractor once today and I might be out there again before it is all said and done.  One of our big concerns was with the snow and removal of it but I am thankful that most of the snow has come on my "good" weeks.  The snow day has given us an opportunity to catch up on things at home and another opportunity to have a family over for dinner.


     I have been working on my sermon for Sunday.  1 Peter 2 gives us a list to look at.  Lists in the Bible are important and I look at them as a gift to copy and implement.  Also with lists comes contrast.  The writer will give a "bad" list and then give a "good" list with the command to do the good one.  This chapter gives us a list that we need to put out of our lives and replace it with another and the question is "Will we obey what the Word of God says?"  If we allow the "bad" list to remain in our lives we can not grow to spiritual maturity.  Actually, the "bad" list has no place in the life of a follower of Jesus Christ.  The "good" list is to be longed for, desired, and pursued with love.  We will also get to look at Christ as the Chief cornerstone.  Maybe a title for the sermon will be "Remove the Junk and Replace with Milk."


     Onto a video.  Stephanie and I wanted to give just a general update on how we are going.  Again, we are so thankful and humbled by the prayers of all who have kept up with the blog.  I got a letter from my dad the other day and he wrote that he put a picture of me when I was younger in his garage work area and every time he sees it he prays for me.  So again thank you and we are so thankful for the visits that we have had with some special people in our lives.




Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...