What an Easter Sunday...


     This is one of my favorite places to work in Gaylord.  I took a day off to recover from Easter Sunday (Resurrection Day) that was so great.  God has been so good to us as a church.  I had another image that I wish I had a camera for but it is embedded in my mind.  I have a few of these, like one situation at the Porter church where we did a play I wrote of another situation at the Roscommon church and the lady playing the role on that Sunday morning ended the scene with geniune tears that moved the congregation.  Another at the Alpena church was one Sunday a young lady sang after my message about God who is in the saving business and I used her story without saying her name and then she sang "Awesome God" and stated to the congregation that it was her.  This Sunday when the service was ending I offered an invitation to raise a hand for prayer for those of us who if we were measuring if we have been growing in God, that we have slipped quite a bit.  Then I gave the invitation that anyone wanting to be measured by God for the very first time, to come to Jesus as Savior and come to Him to put a line on the measuring wall as one of His children to raise a hand.  1 hand was raised in the sea of 195.  1 outstretched hand in the sea of people reaching out to Jesus.  What a beautiful site to see.


      I also got to met a man named Richard today that is the 7:45 am radiation session.  I am the 8:00 am session.  He has a similar cancer that I have but just 6 cm higher and therefore can have resection surgery rather than the bag surgery.  We plan to get together for coffee/tea some morning and swap stories.  He is about my age and is a couple days ahead of me.  We will end up going to the same surgeon in Grand Rapids.  


     So we keep plowing through 1 Peter.  He has taken us through how to live as a Christian under the government, employment, and home life we are under.  How to live as a Christian in the face of persecution for the faith.  And last Sunday, how to see if we are growing in our walk by looking at our attitude, response to evil, standard we go by and our motive.  This Sunday will be some practical ways to keep on that track.  We might stretch into chapter 4.  I am surprised at how it doesn't bother me anymore to spent 3 or 4 Sundays in one chapter.  


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...