So winter will not leave...


     As I type I am so thankful to make it home.  In the Valley, the snow is coming down as hard as any time throughout the winter.  30 mph and a tight grip on the wheel made the 1/2 hour trip home into an hour trip.  They say we could get 10 inches tonight.  Maybe spring has pushed back to May this year.  Funny where my Saf-ti Glass Distributors yard stick landed on this photo of the snow depth.


     Another run through 1 Peter 3 has slowed me down again.  I think we will only be covering verses 8-12.  Another list emerges in verse 8.  This is to sum up of how we are to live under the government we are under, with the work situation we are in, and with the home life we are a part of.  Unity, compassion, brotherly love, a tender heart, a humble mind, and a pure heart.  Peter is giving us the right attitude to have, the right response to evil, the right standard to follow, and the right motive to operate by.  This will be a sermon to ask the question, "Am I growing?"  Also this list will give us the outcome that Peter calls "living and loving the good life."


     Blood work yesterday showed that my counts were not up as they have been in the past.  I will start to be checked each week.  I am not in the danger zone by a long shot but that just gives me more determination to do those things that help build the good cells back up.  I have been walking and running on the treadmill each day and then promptly falling to sleep.  I am still praying that I would be able to continue to preach.  The church has been so helpful to my recovery.  I have so much to be thankful for.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...