First run through 1 Peter 2:13ff...

     Health-wise, Adam is feeling great.  I'm on the treadmill trying to give my cells a lot of oxygen to fight against the cancer.  I'm thankful that Stephanie is a clothes keeper.  I have went from a 42 down to a 34 (Abe's pants that will need to be shorten).  We head to the radiologist tomorrow for a long appointment and we hope to post a video tomorrow evening of our day.  


     A sermon title could be "How does a Christian function in his world?"  or "How are you doing at submission?"  I think the second is deeper and I think I am leaning toward.


First, do I submit to God and God's word?
Second, do I submit to men in authority?
Third, do I submit to circumstances I am put into?
Fourth, do I submit to suffering I am to endure?


     I think we get hung up on the civil disobedience point and when man's government or rules goes against God's word.  Are you willing to receive the punishment from evil to hold unto what is good?  We may be put into those situations and we need to follow God but back up and ask yourself, "Am I already submitting to God and His word and to man-made ordinances that do not go against the Word of God?"  I think the above questions have a order to them that we need to follow rather than jump to some exception to the rule and argue about it.  We first need to be people who are obedient in nature.  That takes work.  


     Do I submit to God's ordained orders, now?  If not, do I think that I am smarter than God?  Do I think I know better than God?  Do I think that it may be good for someone else but not for me?  I think this sermon will take a lot of thought.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...