The appointments are piling up...

    A week from Wednesday I will start out from home and drive 45 miles to Petoskey for my radiation at 8 am.  Then I will travel back to Gaylord for a blood draw at 9 am.  Following that I have an appointment with my oncologist at 10 am in Gaylord.  Once done, then we head to Grand Rapids (usually a 3 hour trip) to meet with the surgeon for a consultation at 3 pm.  My calendar is so full of dates that it looks like a mine field.  Everyday I study that calendar to make sure that I am not missing anything between myself, Stephanie and Jason.  I sure will be glad to have a calendar again that has some white spaces in it.


     My heart has been preparing for Good Friday and Easter morning.  On Good Friday, I think the first that we have done on our own, will be titled "The Way of the Cross."  I am praying it will be a moving service that leaves us with the gravity of what Jesus did and His place in the tomb.  This will lead to Easter Sunday being an explosion of His resurrection.  Extra fellowship and extra time of praise and a sermon that really looks at ourselves to measure if we are growing in this faith that He has given us.  I am amazed at the numerous lists in the Bible and we will come across another one this Sunday.


     I have caused quite a stir with my last post so I will put a picture here of the "whole" yardstick.  I am thankful that something like that blows right by me.  I not only posted it here but to the church email list, on the facebook account and also the homeowners association email list that I am secretary of.  Maybe I need to follow the advice of an old friend now gone called Clem who always said, "Measure twice, cut once."  I definitely didn't look twice at that one.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...