I feel like I am burning the candle at both ends...

     So life does not stop for cancer, it just gets a little busier when you throw into your day a 90 mile trip.  I was able to meet with Jerry today (not Richard).  It was great to swap stories.  He is a contractor and a year younger than I am.  He will be done with his treatment before me.  I was so thankful to talk about my faith and the church and then end with prayer for both of us.  I don't know if Jerry is a Christian but I will have at least 9 more days to be in contact with him.  I think it was just as good for me to speak with him as it was for him to speak to me.  Please pray for this opportunity for me.


     Another run through 1 Peter 3 and a little of 4 has my sermon more near completion.  I have titled it, "A Christian Living in a Hostile World."  The Bible says over and over our focus of being good or holy as God is holy.  The contrast between the flesh and spirit is evident again with the feeding of one or the other and the fruit of each.  We are called to remember our past but to keep it in the proper perspective.  The final point will deal with who we hang with.  It is not just being around them but participating in ungodly actions.  The gospel was preached not to just be able to reach out to others but also to see us turn from sin to Jesus.  


     If I make it through the weekend, I think I will be able to breathe again.  I should be thankful that I have some more drive time this weekend that I can just think or maybe not think.  We will register our last child for college this Saturday with our first child this week closing on a house.  Life truly is changing for Steph and I.  Thanks again for all your prayers and support.  They are so appreciated.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...