So suffering...

     So suffering is a part of the Christian life as said in 1 Peter 4:12-19.  Peter says to expect it, rejoice in it, evaluate it, and entrust yourself to the Creator while going through it.  The suffering that Peter is talking about here is like the culture phrase, "when you take a bullet for Christ."  The kind of suffering is directly related to our relationship with the Savior and we are not to hang our head but know that this is something to test us, or prove us.  Peter sounds a lot like James here.  I think there is also a lesson for the church here as how we treat our fellow brothers and sisters when they are going through a trial.  Many times we kick them or ridicule them or say things about them (meddlers, as Peter calls us) before we ever stretch out a hand to them.  We need to remember that they are our brothers and sisters.  I can be so quick to judgment and so slow to compassion or understanding or just getting close enough to find out the real story.


     Health-wise, I feel a little like I am right back were I started.  I am taking some medicine now to give me some comfort that I was prescribed when they thought my problem were hemorrhoids.  It is like I have come full circle with the pain.  I am 9 treatments away from being done with the radiation part of the plan.  9 more trips of 90 miles to Petoskey and home.  I will not complain because God has provided so much so far that it outweighs what I have gone through.  Because God is still good and God is still great and God is still in control.  The question is will I let Him be in control?


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...