The positive influence of a band of Christian brothers...

     Just home from a great weekend with the guys of the church and one of my sons, Benny.  These opportunities are so great and I was so thankful to be able to go and participate in all the activities.  Many of the guys asked how I was feeling or indicated that I looked tired so it must be wearing on me.  The weekend was a success in many ways.  One was the interaction between the generations of men in the church.  Another was the times of focus to integrate what we were doing with the Scripture.  I am so thankful that we are intentional in making a men's retreat to include times that we talk about the Lord.  A personal success for me was to stay plugged in this year.  Last year was a whole different scenario for me.  We all have a lot of things on our plate at times, but I let mine get so full that when I was at the retreat, I wasn't really there.  I was thinking of what I needed to do next.  A good Christian brother pointed it out to me and I am so thankful that I heard his voice.  It has made all the difference in the last 2 retreats for me.  


     Monday marks the last week of radiation.  I will meet the radiation doctor Monday along with the oncologist.  I will have a blood draw to see how I am doing with my numbers.  I personally want to make it through for the full treatment but I will be ready not to make the trip to Petoskey each day.  


    For all who read this blog, I pray that you have a great week in the Lord.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...