Memorial Day Weekend...

     Holiday weekends are sometimes bittersweet for me.  I am thankful that family have extended time to be together but it usually means a smaller crowd on Sunday.  Those coming in to visit always seem to be less than those going.  It is the challenge to push away the number figure and keep the meeting with God as a body, no matter how large or small, in the forefront.  Another factor for me to remember is that our congregation are sure faithful attenders throughout the year.  I know that the time spent away with family is very beneficial to each family to practice the "one anothers" with each other.  So "little" churches will be happening all over the state of Michigan this Sunday, in this I will be thankful.  For us in Michigan, it looks to be a hit and miss weekend with the sun so I will pray for some favorable weather for all those outside activities.


     This holiday is to remember those who have served our country.  I was thankful to find a video to show this Sunday to honor them.  With a son and daughter-in-law near Washington D.C., it was great to find one that shows a lot of the views of the National Mall where we have been, especially the Arlington Cemetery.  My father served in both the Navy and the Marines during peace time and also the Korean War.  He is one who was able to return home to his family.  My prayer today is to all those who lost loved ones in the great struggles we have joined in on over the years.


     So with kids at work and spending the weekend with friends, Steph and I will be mostly home looking at the garden and maybe taking a drive.  I am still looking forward to some fishing on our anniversary and praying that health-wise it will still be possible.  It changes from day to day and next week I add chemo pills into the mixture so it will probably change again.  Thanks again for all the prayers for me and my family.  This would be quite the struggle if there were not family and friends to think about and how precious they are to me.


     Hope you have a great weekend!!!


Adam




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...