So it could and should have been better...

     So I didn't have enough time this week or didn't make enough time to feel confident going into Sunday morning.  I definitely needed to slow down this week and get some more time with God.  I get frustrated with not being able to think straight and losing people's names who I have known for a long time when they are standing right in front of me.  I know their name, I just can't get it out fast enough.  If I could do this day over, I would because I know that with God more at the helm I could have done a lot better for Him.  There were some highlights though.  I was thankful to bring in 2 new members into the church.  I was also thankful for the time spent with a couple families in the church that are sending their children to the same school our youngest will be going to in the fall.  Even though I had a physically rough day on Saturday, it was great to get Jason more settled in his plans.


     We will be looking at 1 Peter 4 this week.  This is the passage that includes these words, "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when His glory is revealed."  How much do you love Jesus?  Does suffering for Him turn you off or actually turn you on?  Will you willingly endure suffering for the sake of Christ while continuing to do good in the midst of it?  Do you realize that it is part of being a Christian, standing for Christ no matter the outcome or situation and we are told that sometimes it will not be pleasant?  Questions that we will explore with this passage along with looking at our personal service and personal gifts.


     I will endeavor to slow down this week and double check my work and double my time in study.  I will look at what I think I can get done and cut it in half and call it good.  I will work on slowing down so that my brain can keep up with my words.  God help me.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...