I take advantage of the short bursts of energy...

     What a day!  Feeling totally wiped out but a visit to the oncologist showed that my numbers were actually up!!!  But even in the face of this, the decision was made for me to take a week break from the chemo pills and just do the radiation.  The doctors will get their heads together to tell me what to do after this Friday.  It is amazing how slow and tired it can make you and then you get a burst and I rototillered both gardens, mowed the lawn, paid the bills, and went through 1 Peter 5 in study.  I have learned to make the most of those moments.  


     Yesterday their was a great sense of God's Spirit in the service, especially centered around the prayer time.  It was one of those times when I debated if I go forward with the service or just to linger there a little longer.  It is the question if this is just an uncomfortable pause or a time to just rest in the comfort of God's hand?  I am so thankful to be a part of a church that has an atmosphere for people to come forward or gather for prayer with the burden that is heavy upon them.


     1 Peter 5 looks to be a one sermon chapter.  It has a lot of character traits to cover.  Humility, leading by example, feeding the flock, expecting His return, being teachable, leaning on God, being clear-headed, standing firm in the faith, and being faithful.  Quite a list to cover but a great way to end this letter on suffering for Christ.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...