Cancer alters your life...

     I am sitting in the Flint Bishop International Airport waiting as Stephanie boards a plane to Texas to be a rider with Benny for his summer trip home.  This is usually what I do.  I would have taken the bus down there but because of treatments I am stuck close to home.  Stephanie will fly from Flint to Chicago, Chicago to Dallas, and then Dallas to Tyler and be picked up by our daughter just 30 minutes away.  I miss her already and Stephanie is doing another thing that for me because of this thing called cancer.  I have 2 more weeks of radiation and then I continue on for another month on the chemo pills before getting a month off of everything to prepare for surgery.  Now my calendar has me strung out to Christmas on the optimistic side, the New Year more likely.  The cancer of 2011 might be 2012 too.  And all of this is if my body can take the full ride of chemo.  So far it has and I am trying to do my part to aid my body in this.


     I wish I wasn't writing this but I am still working on Sunday's sermon.  I want to be more prepared than I was last Sunday.  Peter introduces a bucket list to look at and live by with the news that Jesus is coming again.  You can hear some of his failures in the list.  Almost like he is saying, "I learned this one the hard way."  I will take some time this Sunday talking about the return of Christ.


     The home front will be a little quiet over the next couple of days.  Maybe that is just what I need.  Me and the dogs and occasionally Jason popping in and out around work and school and golf.  Happy Mother's Day to all those out there reading this.  I miss my mom but I know where she went, into the arms of Jesus.  Mom was a great role model that I still draw upon to this day.


Adam

Comments

  1. I missed you. I was happy to do your job and God gave me the strength to stay alert enough to drive the trip from TX without fighting sleep. I know you were praying for me.

    Love you so much. Dear God, please touch Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Honey...I missed you too and God sure was with both of us over the weekend and your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...