Gerry was right...

     Well, Gerry was right.  This week after radiation is very challenging, especially the mornings.  I am wondering if I will every heal.  I have been thankful for added sleep that I had been going without.  Chemo starts again on Monday for 2 weeks straight, every day.  3000 mg in pill form along with anti-nausea medicine so my appetite will probably wean again.  I am seriously thinking about going back to a more liquid/soft diet for awhile.


     Sermon-wise, I am thankful to have the energy to apply myself each day to thought and prayer and study of the book of 2 Peter.  This will be an introductory sermon on the book with purpose and key verses to cover.  My main illustration will be instruction manuals and why we do and do not read them.  Have you noticed that things now have a quick start guide because the manufacturers know that we don't read them?  Maybe many of us Christians are looking for a quick start guide for the Christian life and search for the troubleshooting guide when in a bind.  Lets just refer to God when we need Him rather that live for God like every word of His is precious.  The troubleshooting guide always takes you back to the basics or gives you a number to call.  That could be a great lesson for us when we are just referring to God.  What are the basics God that I am not doing or obeying and maybe I need to make a call into God about it? 


     Memorial Day Weekend, so lets see who God brings into His house.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...