2 Peter 2 and false teaching...

     It just takes longer to get things done when you have cancer.  Little tasks become a little bigger and require a little more time.  Stephanie has said that I am quieter now.  I don't talk as much.  I think it is because I am so unsure of myself right now.  I know that I pray really hard before every sermon and go into the pulpit not as confident as I once was.  I think I fear that I will not recall all that I have studied even when I have a lot of it written down in front of me.  It could take awhile before I get that back.


     Sunday's sermon was focused on how we can get sucked in to false teaching by just relying on what our eyes see and our ears hear, the senses.  We can get sucked into our fascination with something "new".  Also, we can get sucked in by what we can get.  This Sunday will be looking at how this has effected the life of the church.  Have we grabbed ahold of some of this false teaching?  Are the effects of it being seen?  I would say yes.  Some of the things that Peter points out is the using of God's name flippantly.  Another is being Biblical illiterate but speaking or acting as we know.  Another is open sin not hidden or ashamed of, accepted as the norm.  The chapter gives us 2 Old Testament examples that I am going to use as my examples, Lot and Balaam.  We need to steer clear of Sodom and Gomorrah (sin) and give ourselves totally over to God.


     My week will end with a pre-op clearance from my family doctor and another CAT scan to chart the progress of the tumor along with our oldest and her husband coming home for a week of vacation.  Yeah!!!  The house will really be full with 4 dogs and 6 people.  Fishing for sure next week.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...