Yes Jen, today is a "good" day...

     There is a wonderful lady in our church named Jen and she is always asking me how I am doing and many times all I can say is "okay."  I just wanted her to know that today is better than an "okay" day.


First day not taking any chemo pills.  No pills at all.  This will be the practice up to surgery in July.


First day I haven't conked out from fatigue in a long time.


First fresh spinach salad of the season from our garden for lunch.


First day to use my new bar and chain and accomplished about 2 cord of word cut and split.






First day on the bicycle.  Just a ride up to get the mail and back (1.5 miles) and I think I was done it more with that than cutting the wood. 


First run through of 2 Peter 1:16-21 for Sunday's sermon.  I was amazed at how Peter first tells us that he is an eye witness and then tells us that he is an ear witness and then says that even above that we have the Word of God as our witness.  He puts such a high standard and emphasis on the Word that has been given to us by God.


     I am thankful that we have a thankful congregation.  I had no doubt that when I said, lets have 5 people come up and say what they are thankful to God for, that there would be more than 5.  Again, I am so thankful that I went through the winter and didn't get sick or the flu.  I just kept shaking hands and hugging people and then making sure to to wash up afterwards.  I appreciated all those who kept their distance for the sake of me, humbled I am for that.


     May God bless your week as He is blessing mine.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...