Back home and tired...

     It had to be the wettest and coldest family camp that I can remember.  There wasn't even one cry to go to the beach all week.  Stephanie and I helped with the music throughout the week and I was called to preach on Thursday night.  By 6 o'clock pm I am feeling the drain so a night preaching assignment was a time to call upon God for strength.  My confidence in preaching is not what it used to be.  I am very unsure of myself when I get up there.  Many responded to the invitation to put the Bible back as authority in life to be listened to and obeyed so I give God the glory.  


     I am always amazed at how something written about 2000 years ago to the church is still very relevant today.  Peter is addressing the church about false teachings and teachers and their tactics and there is no problem linking it to today's world.  The first mentioned that sucks us in is the "new" factor. We are drawn to someone or some teaching that is deemed new or the answer that has yet to be revealed.  The Bible apparently doesn't tell the whole story.  The second mentioned that sucks us in is the "senses" factor.  Maybe better put as the "wow" factor.  The focus is on the outward experience rather than an inward transformation.  Numbers and lights and multimedia and sound and atmosphere take the center stage where Christ should be.  The third mentioned that sucks us in is the "greed" factor.  People making money off of twisted promises of God.  The focus goes from giving to what will I get if I give.  The physical things of this life are tied to the blessings of God.  The more you have the more you must be blessed while the Bible speaks of being content with just food and clothing.


     I was thankful for all the friends that I met at camp and the opportunity to thank them for all their prayers.  I ended up telling the story over and over but I covet the prayers over and over.  So many people tell me that I look good and it is usually when I am feeling my lowest energy wise.  Maybe they had a picture in their minds of what I would look like having gone through chemo and radiation and it is better than what they pictured.  I thank God that He is still answering my prayer to continue to preach through this.  So here is to tomorrow.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...