A little better each day...

     I am so thankful to say that being off of the chemo is great.  I don't have to think about what pills I have to take.  I am getting more energy back each day.  I also can tell that my attitude and the lift in my voice is returning.  Optimism is rising as I look at life again.  I will take advantage of this month for the glory of God.


     More time looking at the scripture has me stuck on the point that Peter said in essence, beyond what I have seen and have heard, we have the holy scriptures to show us the truth.  The prophetic Word came alive with the coming of Jesus and will again with the second coming of Him.  Peter took the eyes and ears off of himself and put them back on the surety of the Word.


     How many times during the day do I refer to myself or something that happened to me or what I did or said?  Does it trump what God has said?  Is it all about me or is it all about Him?  Does my speech reflect that point?  I need to be more like Peter and point people to not what I am doing but what God is doing and sometimes that is through me but the focus has to be on Him.  "Pride cometh before a fall" was a common phrase out of my mother's mouth.  I have felt that fall before.  Why do I walk that road when I know that God is looking for those who are humble?  


     Peter is going to be pointing out in the next chapter that the number one attacker of the church is sometimes right in the church by us following false teachings and teachers.  We focus so much on the outside issues like drugs and alcohol and gambling and sexual promiscuity but none of these are brought to light here.  What are some teachings of the world that have crept into the church?  I think pride might be one of them.  Thinking so much of oneself for the sake of self-esteem that our accomplishments become the reward sought after rather than being more Christ-like.  What really is the goal of your life?  My words and activities and work will point that out without me ever saying anything.  Would someone say that Adam is all about God?  Or would they say something else?  I have gotten off of God's train at this point many times and have had to hop back on when I got God's priorities back in place.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...