God supplying our needs...

     A big weekend in the books.  This seems to be open house season.  My weekend included a funeral to officiate, Sunday morning services, an appearance at the local Relay for Life, an open house to attend, and I was about wiped out.  The chemo has sure shorten my work load.  Stephanie and I were thankful for some good friends and Benny who helped this weekend with a big tree that blew down in the last wind storm in our yard.  God provides good friends and wood for the winter supply.







     I think I was at my lowest on Sunday morning.  I struggle in my mind of not feeling I am doing enough for the church.  I hear people saying that messages are good but I feel so weak in what I am delivering.  I preached on "God is in control" what I also preached at the funeral service this week because I had spent the most time on it.  Again, I set my mind on spending more time going to God about this Sunday's message.

     A couple good friends at church need our prayers.  Steve, a man who has cancer of the esophagus has just come off a year of radiation and treatment with the tumor disappearing and the lymph nodes staying at bay to find out this week that the tumor is back.  Steve has been my "cancer buddy."  He and his wife Freida need our prayers.  Also a good friend who was so disappointed that I would not be riding my bike this summer, Kim is his name, ended up breaking his ankle and will be laid up for at least a couple of months.  It was good to see him yesterday, wheelchair and all in church worshipping God.

     I am on the chemo for this whole week.  I pray that I can keep my head above the water.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...