Tomorrow is chemo day, round three...

     Sunday I couldn't contain myself and had to run around the pulpit, I was so full of joy over the energy that God has given me over the last week.  I'm still wearing diapers and packed with gauze that is changed every day but my head is clear.  I hate to think that will change again for a little while when I enter that infusion clinic tomorrow morning.  So today is a free day and I have taken advantage of it and a clear mind to hammer out my sermon on a Monday!!!


     We go into 2 John this Sunday.  It looks like a one Sunday sermon to cover the 13 verses in this book.  The topic will be speaking the truth in love.  What is the value of truth?  What is the value of love?  We will mesh these together as the Scripture does.  You can't have one without the other.  


     If there is something that has come out of this time, there are many, but one is that I definitely study more than ever before.  I listen to so many more sermons, just for the joy of it.  Here is a nugget from one of them this week.  Top five answers to how to rationalize sin.
5.  Just this once - I can handle it.
4.  No one will know.
3.  Everybody else is doing it.
2.  Can't be wrong - it feels so right.
1.  God will forgive me - I can have my cake and eat it too.


Detecting and destroying the rationalizations that lead to sin is the first step in confession and repentance and restitution.  


Good stuff.


Adam

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that you're feeling joy! :) Praying for you Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joshua...Stephanie and I have been praying for you along with your parents. God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...