Sometimes I come away feeling like I didn't do it justice...

     There are times that I walk away from the pulpit and feel like I could have done better.  It was a tough passage from Jude but I feel like maybe I only covered one side of it.  Watch out for people who are like this that have crept into the church but not the side to look at ourselves and ask the question are we one of them.


Do I come in with a hidden agenda?  Am I coming in only to feed myself off of others?


Do I keep my word with my brothers and sisters in Christ or do I say things I know that I am not going to keep or do?


Do the fruit of the Spirit show themselves as outcomes of my words and deeds or are my branches void of Christlikeness?


Do I relish in my sin and continue in it or do I detest it and look for God's victory over the sin?


Do I shine brightly for God or am I here today for God and gone tomorrow for God?


     So this Sunday I look at another difficult passage from Jude and I want to be a better communicator of God's Word and the application of it.  Sometimes the pastor is not so sure of himself.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...