Video update on doctor visit and 1 John 5 first run...

     I will start off with the video about our latest visit to the oncologist.  For those on dial-up, I went in hoping to do just the infusion and not the take home the pump but found out that was not possible unless I changed chemos.  The doctor was concerned about how I handled the first round.  My numbers were all good and so he asked if I would take another full shot to see if I responded the same way.  If I do, then another regiment of different chemos would be tried.  If I respond okay this time, he suggested that instead of 8 treatments (4 months) that we would only do 6 treatments (3 months).  So as I type this I can say that I don't feel as bad as I did the last round but I will let you know more on Wednesday.  I am keeping myself busy in the Word and prayer.






     The first run through 1 John 5 has resolved to me that I can't do this all in one session.  Too many big concepts to cover in one setting and especially this Sunday with communion to be served.  So we will settle with trying to cover the terms of "overcome" and "testimony."  Maybe next Sunday we will get through "prayer", "holy living" and "worship."  John is ending this book with some great things for those who are "real" Christians.  


You see an exodus of some had left the church (1 John 2:19) 
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

Those that left were teaching unbiblical truths that played out in word and deed.  John has taken this whole book to give us biblical truths that are played out in word and deed and greater things come from following this path.  We may feel like we are a church that is enduring suffering at the time but we are also a church that is enduring that suffering together and keeping our eyes on Jesus securely and He is providing what we need most of all through it all.  God continue to be our focus.

Last note:  Ray Comfort has come out with another powerful documentary.  Be warned that it has some very graphic images and is not suitable for younger viewers unless in the company of their parents and after their parents have viewed it in full.  The message is powerful.  Here is the link:


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...