Saturday night prep for Sunday morn...

     Our trip to the wound nurse gave us some more procedures to try to promote healing but I must admit that the initial applications have been very painful.  I am thankful to be a little more useful around the house and at the church.  I am getting out in public a little more and how I am humbled at so many people who have told me that they have been praying for me and Stephanie.  Our prayer is that my body would recover to handle the chemo in little more than a week.  The chemo will slow everything down again but God took me through the first 4 rounds and I will lean on Him for the last 8.


     Tomorrow, the Lord's Day, is the day to bring all my thoughts and study together for our congregation.  Our study of 1 John is about half way through.  I am so thankful for God working within our congregation to dig deeper in the Word.  Our practice is to take a book of the Bible and tear it apart and apply it to our lives.  Our view of the Scripture has risen to a new level, a level that what God has said, He said and it is so important for us not just to know but to obey and not just obey but cherish and guard it with our lives.  1 John has so far given us the 4 tests of what it means to be a "real" Christian and this Sunday we will add the benefits that God gives to us and again the reality of sin and what happens when we treat it lightly.  John goes from using the word "liar" many times to now using the phrase "child of the devil".  


     My prayer is that when sin crosses my path and I do not yield to temptation as I should, that I would be hit with the weight of grief over it; that I would confess it fully to the Lord; that I would repent of my ways; and that I would rectify any consequences of it.  I pray that sin would be a big deal to be dealt with.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...